McFarlane Implement



Wisconsin Ag News Headlines
FEMA Makes Wisconsin Disaster Declaration for July Flooding
Wisconsin Ag Connection - 10/10/2017

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has declared 11 Wisconsin counties as disaster areas because of flooding in July. As part of the declaration, Buffalo, Crawford, Grant, Iowa, Jackson, La Crosse, Lafayette, Monroe, Richland, Trempealeau and Vernon Counties are eligible for federal assistance after severe storms moved across the region between July 19-22.

"We are pleased these communities will receive this disaster assistance from FEMA," said Governor Scott Walker, who recently requested the declaration. "It will help many communities as they continue to repair roads and bridges left damaged by the flash floods."

The mid-summer storms caused flash flooding and several rivers to rise to major flood stage. FEMA damage assessments showed more than $10 million in damage to public infrastructure in the region.

The major disaster declaration is for Public Assistance, which covers eligible projects submitted by counties, cities, townships and certain private, not-for-profit organizations.

Under the program, FEMA provides 75 percent of eligible costs, while state and local agencies share the remaining 25 percent.

Last month, the U.S. Small Business Administration approved many of the same counties' request for federal low-interest disaster loans because of the July storm damage.

Send this article to a friend


Other Wisconsin Headlines
International Protein Sires
Riverside Plastic Inc./RSI Calf Hutches
Copyright 2017 - USAgNet.com. All Rights Reserved.