Weiss Realty LLC

Wisconsin Ag News Headlines
Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center to Hold Grand Opening in July
Wisconsin Ag Connection - 07/06/2018

The finishing touches are in place at the new Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center in Manitowoc County, and now organizers of the state-of-the-art facility are making plans to show it off to the public. The group announced that a grand opening for the FWDC will be held on July 28.

The $13 million attraction is described as a world-class, interactive facility that will focus on the diversity of Wisconsin agriculture within a framework of sustainable and responsible farming practices. The FWDC is located south of Manitowoc near the I-43 and County Road C intersection.

"Only 2 percent of Americans produce food for the other 98 percent of us," said FWDC Board President Julie Maurer. "Wisconsin has a rich agricultural heritage. Visitors to the Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center will connect with that heritage and learn about the fascinating future of agriculture through interactive exhibits, farm tours and a birthing barn where they can witness the miracle of calves being born."

An estimated 100,000 visitors per year are expected to visit the center, including school groups, bus tours and other individuals.

The 29,000-square-foot center will consist of educational displays and hands-on learning opportunities. A birthing barn will allow guests to watch calves being born. And there will be a 300-person conference center for groups that need a meeting space.

Send this article to a friend

Other Wisconsin Headlines
Byron Seeds
Riverside Plastic Inc./RSI Calf Hutches
Copyright 2019 - USAgNet.com. All Rights Reserved.